Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

Why You Must Curate Content in 2015




In 2015, web content will surround us (I think it might even drown us). There will be more content than ever on the web, since the Internet is only growing: so what do we do with this content? How do we find our own great ideas, make our own stamp, and come out with content that matters?






Content curation, I believe, is a foundational key to how to both create (from scratch) and share (other people’s work in your industry) great content your fans and followers will engage with and read. In a world of over-saturated content, it’s hard to find great content and know where to start. With the right tools and the right way to go about it, I think curation can hold the key to a better content future in 2015.

What Is Content Curation?

Now, how do you get these articles? How do you know your audience will love this content? Well, let’s talk about that.Let’s make this super simple. Here is a very brief example of curating content: I see an article about “How Yesterday’s SEO Is Bad For Your Website in 2015″. I read the article (or skim, depending on how interested I am), and review the comments. I know my readers would love this topic, so I notate the article after I’ve reviewed it and come up with an article for my readers on my own. It could be inspired from a paragraph inside the article, a comment, the title itself, etc. I might link to this article in my own piece. Just before I close the page, I open the share icon and share it to my followers, or I might even grab the link and schedule it out in Hootsuite to all my platforms, being sure to mention the author’s handle.

No comments: